Tuesday 18 September 2012

Friday 14 September 2012

Monopoly Deal Card Game
Anne, Andrew P and I introduced this card game to Andrew H and Anna and Nigel. Anna ended up with most of the cash in the game! During the first time through the deck Anna, Anne and at one point Nigel had chances of winning. Second time through the deck we were only drawing action cards and I made an amazing come back to win. By the time we finished playing 5 more people had arrived and we split into three groups.

Tichu
In the latest in the ongoing series of matches between Andrew and Andrew versus Anna and Anne, the women reached 790 to 10 by the fourth hand. But by the twelfth hand the guys won 1055 to 445.

Through the Desert
This game doesn't get on the table often enough. Andrew, Andrew, Anne and Anna played.

King of Tokyo
I guess Paul suggested this game. Paul, Nigel and John R played, I'm not sure how things went.

Industrial Waste
John R brought along a game I hadn't heard of Industrial Waste. A game that Tom Vasel enthusiastically reviewed in 2003. It is a game of managing industrial production and the consequent pollution. It tapped into Paul's enthusiasm for environmental destruction! Paul, Nigel and John R played, I understand that John won. I think I need to play this game some time soon.

Age of Steam: 1830's Pennsylvania
On the folding table four of us played another Age of Steam expansion. This was Ceedee's second game of Age of Steam, which was tough on her as experience was an asset. We all started in the south east corner of the map. John closest to the coal, Sharon running along the bottom and up the eastern edge and Ceedee and I trapped between them. I got Loco on the first two turns and ended up on 9 income. But my starting position left me trapped and John started delivering coal.

By the end the competition for goods, especially coal, was fierce. Sharon managed to avoid ever paying any money in the auction to come second.
John B 140
Sharon 117
Ian    102
Ceedee  82

No comments: